Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Obama's Biggest Fan

Good eve! Derick is at church choir practice, so I have a little bit of time to blog while I wait on the towels to dry. Here's a tiny run-down of my day. Not in this order, today:
I pinned about a zillion chocolate dessert recipes on Pinterest, then I ate some ice cream with chocolate sauce, after which I remembered the sugar-free chocolate pudding in the pantry. Should've done the pudding.
I ran around with Mom and Dad. We had a good time. It's always funny to hang out with Dad. I've threatened to make him a shirt that says "Obama's Biggest Fan" on it as much as he talks about Obama. He doesn't like that idea much. 
We went to Lowes to look for some parts so that Dad could rig up a diaper sprayer for Reeve's diapers. Dad thought that was a ridiculous idea, of course, and told me the best way to rinse them is to "stick the thing down in the toilet and swish it around a little bit." I think the sprayer is cooler, and after he rigged it up, he thought so, too. Anyway, we ended up getting the supplies at Home Depot, but on our way from Lowes (is it Lowes or Lowe's? I'm too lazy to Google it) this old geezer in a fancy sedan nearly plowed us in the Ped Xing area. I almost went crazy pregnant woman on him, which would be a first because I'm actually a calm pregnant woman. The dude just kept driving while I waddled across, so I just gave him my best Arkansas face and waddled on. Mom had a good laugh about the way Dad and I reacted to the old fart. But come on, old man, get with the program.
I took my ring for it's bi-annual inspection and cleaning, and now it's so shimmery. 
Mom and Dad dug up a fern from the back yard and replanted it in the flowerbed out front. 
Dad assured me that the strange berries growing in the woods behind our house are muscadines, so I ate them.
Had Firehouse Subs for lunch. Yum. I had the Italian with no onions or mayo and a Coke Zero with Lime. I've yet to figure out what the difference is between Coke Zero and Diet Coke. Both are poisonous, I know, but Reeve likes the taste of Coke Zero, and the child gets what he wants. Even poison.

Tomorrow, I'm meeting a Lejeune wife in the parking lot at Navy Fed for a deal. Sketchy sketchy, I know. She's got 10 onesies for $5. I'm excited about the deal. I really have to be careful on that site because there are a lot of good deals. Luckily, I have a hard time justifying driving across Jax to buy a $2 tshirt. Some girls are all for it, though. I joke with Chase that we may have a difficult time selling our formal gowns, but half a bottle of Suave shampoo will sell like a hot cake. And if you have any Scentsy product--even if it's a mostly-used bar of Twilight (have you smelled Twilight? NOT what I imagine Edward Cullen to smell like)--you can make some serious cash. Another popular item on the Lejeune Ladies Selling site is lingerie. Really? I'm sorry, I'm not going to wear a stranger's pannies. What's that you say? NWT? Don't care. Pre-owned pannies, not for me.

Speaking of crazy stuff, I'm getting a little worn out with people using "of" in the place of "have." I have to be careful here because yes I studied English, and no I don't always use it properly (and I know that pannies actually has a 't' in it, but isn't it more fun to pronounce it my way?) But for real, people, this is NOT correct and I have no clue how you graduated high school if  you think it is:
"I really should of gone to the store today."
If you are too lazy to spell out 'have,' then just add 've. "Of" does not go after could, would, should, must, or any other word like that. So, please world, stop doing it that way. And if you're just being stylistic and it's the new "LOL," please realize it's not cool. I thought this was just a Bay, Arkansas thing because I've noticed a lot of BHS alumni doing it (and how you passed Mrs. Brown's class with that type of grammar is beyond me). However, I am seeing it all over FB--even on my Lejuene Ladies site. So, like the old Lowes geezer, y'all need to get with the program. Oh, and just so I don't look like a complete donkey here, I just Googled Lowes.

It's Lowe's.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment