Thursday, December 6, 2012

"The Bearer of Goodness"


Two days in a row. Can you believe it? Here is a little poem that I threw together.

"Reeve, the bearer of goodness"
he is every ounce of sunlight that sneaks in through the blinds of my dreary house on a rainy day in December.
he is the last burst of energy i get in the morning after a sleepless night.
he is the scent of new memories.
he is the sound of familiar laughter.
he is a little prince, noble and kind.
he is a piece of magic.
he is a Southern gentleman.
he is the fill of the void in my heart.
he is every mile between what was and what is.
he is the Bearer of Goodness.
he is the song that never seems old.
he is the summer that never ends.
he is the ocean waves in the middle of the desert.
he is a new chapter.
he is all my favorite movies in one.
he is all that matters.
he is my now.
he is my then.
he is my will be.
he is my forever.
he is what was missing.
he is the best of us.
he is us.
he is us.
he holds all i am in two tiny hands that he can't completely control yet,
and i know i am finally safe
and at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment