Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Last Post!

It's been a really long time since I've sat down to blog.  I think I always begin my posts with that sentence.  I was once really good about blogging frequently, but let's face it, I'm not very good with balancing this whole mom thing.  Some women are naturals and make it look like cake.  Cooking gourmet, instagram-worthy meals for their husbands every night, always engaging their toddlers in creative activities, hitting up the grocery store with no hair out of place, smiling as they round the cereal isle.  That's not me, though I really wish I was at least kinda like that.  I wish I had myself together a bit more, and I wish I wasn't so tired and lazy, and I wish I had a natural essence about me that just popped up in the morning ready to conquer the day with a smile and a song.  Deep inside, I am that person. I am an all-star homemaker in my soul, and one day, I hope it swims to the surface and becomes one with who I am right now. 
Derick is really supportive and says those women who have it all together are either lying or secretly do not have their priorities in check.  I think that's true in some cases, but I also think there are a handful of super-strength moms who do it all and want to take on more.  My mom was like that growing up, and my best friend Kelsey would be like that if she were to ever have a child (although she lies to help me feel better and says she would be horrible.)
All this is to preface my next case, which is this will be the final post for my blog, SemperKem.  Derick thinks it's dumb that I'm bringing it to an end because he's getting out of the Marine Corps.  He says I'll always be Kem.  Get it?  But I think it's kinda silly to have a blog based around my role as a Marine wife when my husband isn't in the Marines anymore. Yeah, yeah, once a Marine, always a Marine, but you know what I mean.
I have some other ideas in the works, so hopefully I can start another blog soon and be better about updating. I want to find another site, though, because I really think blogger hates me and what should take five minutes to type has taken about thirty because my sentences keep mysteriously deleting themselves. (Another reason I don't update is because it takes more effort than it's worth!)
Right now, though, I have other things to occupy my time. I'm finally into the second trimester of this pregnancy, and I'm finally feeling a little less like a pile of poop. We won't find out if we're having a boy or girl until JULY 22! Can you believe that? The hospital on base likes to schedule gender scans really late for whatever reason, so it's going to be a month of pins and needles.  Reeve keeps saying he's having a sister, but we'll see.  I'm convinced boy for several reasons, but we will be equally excited with either.  Just blessed to be able to have another baby!
Well, we are about to eat pizza and go to the pool because it's free after five apparently.  Then, Derick and I are going to watch OITNB if Reeve decides to go to bed early enough.  He wrote a song today called, "Goodnight, Mama," and it is the sweetest thing ever.  It reinforces to me that it's ok that he's not always eating five-star organic meals. SEMPER KEM. (Unless I change my name...which wouldn't be a bad idea considering there is a felon on the loose with a similar name, according to Craighead County Sheriff's Office circa 2008.)

No comments:

Post a Comment