Friday, October 14, 2011

From the Law Offices of Generally Better:

What up, Friday?!
I'm just eating pasta salad, listening to Joshua Radin Radio on Pandora (highly recommended), and awaiting the arrival of my husband. He's had a particularly long week. Yesterday, he came home with his eyes closed. He had night watch on Wednesday and only slept for four hours. He took a nap with Paris on the couch yesterday. Next week is FEX week for LOC, and then he will GRADUATE the week after that! We heard some scuttlebutt of which unit he will be in, but I'm not sure if he wants me to spill my guts about it yet, since he doesn't know for sure. I will say, though, that if the rumors are true, Derick will be a very happy Marine!:)
Is everybody pumped about the beautiful weather? Is it an Indian Summer, or what? I have enjoyed saving energy and money by keeping the AC off and leaving the windows open. It feels so nice to have some fresh air in the house. Reminds me of when I was in school, and I'd come home after school or volleyball practice, elated to see that Mom had the windows open. I would always secretly hope that the windows would be open and a cool breeze would be coming through the house. My soul has always longed to be free;)
Speaking of free, wouldn't it be nice if Michael's had a sale that marked everything down to free?! I have been on a slight craft/decor binge. I have been going a little nuts with the peacock feathers for our living room. I've been making a list on my phone of what I need (well, want) to buy next. But, good never fear! because guess what?? This lady has a job interview tomorrow! Nothing spectack or anything, just a very part-time tutoring job, working with area elementary kids. Kelsey applied first, and it seemed like they really need a lot of tutors, so I applied, too. This is good news for Derick because if I have it my way, our entire living room will practically be a flock of peacocks. He would like that, I bet.
I just roasted some pumpkin seeds left over from this weekend when D, J, K and I (perfect name for a clothing line or law office) had a carving party. The pumpkin seeds turned out quite delish. Maybe D will be impressed.
Speaking of impressed, my law associates and I went to bar trivia at Rick's Grille in Surf City this weekend, and we WON! Our team name is "Generally Better." No need for explanation, right? We won a $50 gift card for our next trip to Rick's! Thank you, D, for securing the win! Who knew the Mississippi wasn't the longest river in the world after all?
Tonight, Derick is taking me on a date. I told him to. He has to choose the restaurant without consulting me. He is in charge. So, we will probably end up eating hot wings and watching some sort of sport. Fine with me. I'm just blessed to be able to eat, and to eat with him.
Well, young'ns, I'm off to take my princess dog on a walk around the block. She has a free soul, as well. Just like her Mama.

TaTaForNow.

No comments:

Post a Comment