Tuesday, October 25, 2011

MOTIVATE meeeee!!!!!

What a beautiful day it is here in Jacksonville, North Carolina! Perfect weather! I just want to go to the beach and hang out in the sand, or lay on the trampoline and read. BUT, our yard is like a jungle, so I am trying my best to motivate myself to get out there and mow it. This song has been in my head for about an hour:


Does anyone remember it? It fondly reminds me of my dear friend, Matt Avery, who, one hot summer in my pool, introduced me to this song. He thought it was the coolest. Perhaps, it was. We all miss you, Matt!

Anyway, you would not believe our yard. I thought that maybe it would cool down around here and the grass would stop growing. That hasn't happened, and I'm not complaining. I love the warm air, the beautiful sun. Thank God our neighbors' front yard is now a full-sized makeshift graveyard for Halloween. It kinda takes the focus off of our yard. Yeah, pretty creepy. One tombstone says, "Burn in Hell." They have gross doll heads and bloody feet laying everywhere. It's humorously ridiculous. I oughta take a picture for y'all.

So, Derick graduates his MOS school tomorrow morning! Woooo! Go Derick! I am so proud of him, and I know he is excited for the next step. It looks like he will be headed to Truck Company after this, but, in case you didn't know, the Marine Corps loves sudden changes, so we aren't banking on anything.

The following news is doomed to upset some of my former co-workers at CCJPL, and I will probably get laughed at by many, but I will share it anyway. I've been reading the Twilight Saga, and I really like them
. Thank you, Kelsey, for being the only one to convince me to give them a chance. I'm getting a little obsessed with Edward. I don't know what it is about the way Stephanie writes, but I just feel like Edward is this hunky dreamboat that always says the right things at the right time. Derick thinks I'm crazy, but he encourages me by allowing me to give him rundowns of what I've read. Derick is really good at correctly guessing what happens next in movies, TV shows, and, as I've recently learned, books. So he also likes to spoil Twilight for me. Bratty brat.

Tonight, we're going to Trivia. Feeling pretty confident.

I guess I better get out there and do something productive. Maybe the ghosts in the graveyard next door won't be too disturbed by the mower. Wouldn't want them to seek revenge.

Dazzle someone today!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment