Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pumpkins to Carve

A compilation--not really a list-- of what's going on in my life, my thoughts, and everything in between. Just some ramblings from a rambler.

1.) I like the North Carolina weather we've been having lately. I've always said summer is my favorite season, but as I get older and less able to handle intense, suffocating heat, fall is becoming a closer friend.

2.) You know Jeff Buckley? The guy who wrote "Hallelujah," made more secular by blue-eyed American Idol contestant, Jason Castro? Well, MY favorite artist, Reeve Carney (front man of the band Carney and Peter Parker in Broadway's production of Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark) is playing Jeff Buckley in a film about his life. Reeve is more than perfect for that part. They chose the right guy. Hallelujah.

3.) Advice for the CEO of Scentsy: Your plug in warmers are wonderful, but almost impossible to remove from the outlet. Today, I yanked that stinkin' think out of the wall, only to spill hot wax all over my hand and bare feet. I should sue and make some money to pay for Derick's speeding ticket he received this morning, which takes us to number 4.

4.) Derick was going 60 in a 45 this morning leaving the base. He promises that he thought it was a 55 zone, but he drives that highway everyday. So, I'm unsure if I believe him on that one. He owes me lavish gifts after we fork over the $218 to the PD.

5.) Today, as I took a break from cleaning our filthy house, Jay Brannan's cover of "The Freshmen" came on Pandora, and Parisann jumped down from her perch on the arm of the couch, bounced over to me as I sat in the chair, and hopped up into my lap. It's funny how dogs sense when we could use some company. That song always makes me nostalgic.

6.) Happy and able to rejoice in the gift of good health and abilities. I find it so easy to gripe and complain about current situations, but I forget that I'm better off than most.

7.) My mother let me borrow The Help when she was here last week, and I am over halfway through it, which is really an accomplishment for me. I'm slow when it comes to reading. It's such a good book, and I can't wait to see the movie. I think I will go alone, since Derick doesn't want to see it. Plus, I've always wanted to see a movie in a theater by myself.

8.) I got a package in the mail from my mom today. In it, I found several pictures from their visit, a Bay Harvest Fest 2011 t-shirt, and a cake icing tool. My mom is perfect.

9.) The Wonder Years is on Netflix instant watch, and I am so glad.

10.) Derick is now a green belt in MCMAP. He could kill you in less than a half second. He graduates his MOS school later this month, and I know he is so ready. He's done really well, and I know he is ready to apply all he's learned to an actual job.

11.) This morning on our way to the gym, my friends and I waited in a long line of traffic as a group of Marines ran in formation past us. We wondered aloud what it would be like to just fall in with our pink and purple athletic clothes on. I want to do that and film it.

12.) I long for these things:
a. 10" rice and bean burrito from Blue Coast Burrito, with cheese and green salsa. make it a 12"
b. a really good band to play a show nearby.
c. Fazoli's drive-thru
d. jeggings
e. a pumpkin to carve
f. a pumpkin to paint
g. to see my friends Shannon and Beth
h. Squiggles ice cream in Carolina Beach
i straight-across bangs?
j. patience
k. cute magnets on my fridge like Kelsey's, so I can retire the Military One Source magnets

13.) This line is in a song by The Format, and it seems appropriate to use to conclude this blog:

"Let the wind catch your feet. If you love somebody, you better let them know. Take your time coming home."

1 comment:

  1. Excuse me.....I was supposed to get to borrow The Help when mom was finished with it. Also, do not go to the theater by yourself. You will have some crazy person sit down beside you or behind you and slightly to the side. You know the people I am talking about....those lurkers who just sit there and stare. That is why I do not like theaters. It would be ten times worse if you went by yourself. Take your Snow friend. Or I guess someone could consider you a lurker...

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete