Sunday, January 15, 2012

while they were asleep....

Whaddup Saturday night? Since when did I get so old that fun became staying in, not spending money, taking a late afternoon nap, and eating leftovers? Speaking of late afternoon naps, Derick and I were laying in bed simultaneously reading Catching Fire on our Kindles, when the next thing I know, he was snoring. I'd already taken my nap at around four. It was six o'clock when he fell asleep, if not earlier, and he has yet to wake up. I asked him if he wanted supper but he mumbled something about "not hungry," so I just let him rest. That was two and a half hours ago. I'm pretty sure he's down for the count.
So I'm just hangin out on Pinterest while Paris sleeps on the couch. She was whining a second ago, and I at first thought that she wanted my empty yogurt cup. However, her blanket was partially hanging off the couch, so I fixed it for her, and now she is in deep slumber just like her Daddy-O.
I hate to complain, but ya know what really irks me? What really gets under my skin? The stupid heater! It is set on 60 degrees in this house and the heater pretty much runs constantly. It kicks off during the day, but at night it will just pull a Tim Tebow and go ninety-to-nothing. How'd you like that reference? Anyway, it's not freezing outside, and I don't think 60 is too much to ask for inside. I just don't understand why it feels the need to be running constantly. I shudder to think about our utility bill this month. I shudder all the more to think what it could have been if we weren't content to wrap up in blankets and insisted on having our heat turned up to 70 or so.
Complaining gets on my nerves and I'm indefinitely trying to kick the habit. So maybe I will share a few things that make me happy or excite me at this moment in time. In no partic. order:

1. This weekend is a 96, which means D gets to stay home with me tomorrow and Tuesday.

2. Wednesday, I have a dentist appointment. Ok, so maybe I'm not "excited" about this per say, but chances are high that they will give me that awesome fruit-flavored fluoride foam. Lovin' fluoride since '95!

3. Tomorrow night I'm seeing Jeff Dunham in concert (is that the correct term? does he perform "concerts?"). I only know that he is a ventriloquist, and a lot of people think he's funny. I'm just excited because it's free on base! And I like free.

4. Next Tuesday is a very big day for me. Kelsey will accompany me to Wilmington, where I will hopefully get my hands on my very first pair of (affordable) designer jeans. No such thing you say? Apparently Plato's Closet is a grotto for cheap fancy pants. After that, we are going to see INGRAM HILL in concert in Raleigh! One of my favorite bands since junior high, Ingram Hill always gives a really good show. And live music in general makes me pretty peaceful. Unless it's crap music, but we won't touch that subject again....

5. Only three more tutoring sessions! Bittersweet because I really do love the kids, and I will miss working with them, but exciting because I will undoubtedly have a new job somewhere, someday.

6. Pickles in da fridge.

7. American Idol.

8. My parents will probably come visit while Derick is at training, whenever that takes place. I love when they visit! Hoping to take them to Harker's Island, and maybe Mom and I can drag Dad to the Nights at Rodanthe house in OBX.

9. New vamp show on Netflix.

10. Beyonce and Jay-Z's baby.

11. Teaching Kelsey dance routines.

12. Becoming members of First Baptist Jax next week.

13. New Ben Kweller album on its way to our possession.

14. My extremely loud sneeze may have just roused Derick from his sleep....Which means maybe he will go in the kitchen and grab me a snack.

15. I gots it pretty good, yo.



No comments:

Post a Comment