Saturday, February 4, 2012

Secret Life....

Hey all you cool cats. What is going on? It has been such a long time since I have found the time or moto to blog. Derick is on duty all night, so I thought this would be a good time to update all my fans and followers on what's up with my life. I know you all have been on edge wondering what I'm doing. My life is a big wad of excitement and drama, so I'm sorry for the lack of info-sharing.
Tonight I painted my nails with three coats of clear, only to have all three coats on one finger completely chip off. My nails refuse to retain polish. I'm always running around with nails that look like I've been diggin' in the garden, minus the dirt. Kelsey even gave me gel nails the other day and they lasted a whole two days before my thumb nail polish started peeling off. Thus, I had to remove it all (actually D peeled it all off). I think my nails have something in their deadness that just rejects polish of any kind. Ah, and alas, I just realized not one but two of my nails are completely missing the clear coats.
I've been torturing myself by watching Secret Life of the American Teenager on Netflix. Don't do this to yourself. From episode one, it's been awful, but for some reason, I just can't quit watching. The story lines are so terrible, the acting is not the best, so many things on that show compromise other things, and I just don't feel like any of the parents ever act like true adults. The worst part was probably when bad boy Ricky did a sporadic kartwheel in the hallway at school for reasons mostly unknown. It's just a weird show altogether, but I keep watching and I don't know why.
Those last four words of that sentence reminded me of a BK song, which reminded me that we got his newest album in the mail today. I have yet to listen to it out of respect for Derick. I know he would want to hear it with me. I'm a nice girl.
I'm excited because in a couple weeks, my folks will be making their way to NC, then Paris and I will head back with them to AR for a bit. Paris is rotten here, but in Arkansas, she is Queen Rotten. They spoil her worse than I do.
So I see by all the fancy hair and poofy dresses that Campus Queen went on at my Alma tonight. Will someone let me know who won? It's hard to believe that all the teeny tiny girls that were in elementary while I was in HS are now in the Sr. High division. I feel wrinkly. Can you believe that in two years, I will probably attend a 10-year high school reunion? Can you believe that this month I will be twenty-six years old? Where's my wheelchair?
Oh, we became members of FBC Jax last weekend. Pretty exciting. We also started going to a Small Group class, or as I still call it, Sunday School. I doubt we make it tomorrow, though, because Derick will be home at 8, and he's been up since 5 this morning. He's weird, though. Sometimes, he just likes to go, go, go. Then pass out during really exciting movies or events.
What else is up around here? Hmmm...We went to the beach this week and Derick found another sand dollar, which is cool. Gap in the Jacksonville Mall suddenly closed for reasons unknown. I bought two pairs of designer jeans for $80 at Plato's Closet, saving an enormous amount. Ingram Hill was super good, despite the fact that it was definitely not a Jonesboro/Memphis crowd. Kelsey goes back to Oregon for a month in a couple weeks, then she comes back for a short amount of time, then she leaves again, so I'm ticked. Active Duty status has such great benefits when filing taxes. I am about to eat some cereal.

That's about it, for now. I hope everyone has a wonderful night! Please ignore any misspellings or grammatical errors. My brain is like mashed potatoes after watching several Secret Life episodes.

1 comment: