Monday, March 5, 2012

baby stuff

I know I am probably driving everyone crazy with all my pregnancy blabs, but it has truly consumed my life, and there basically isn't anything else to talk about these days. As I always say, I don't ever want to come across as complaining, so if that's what this seems like, then well, you're just reading it wrong. :)
Just when I thought I was on the home stretch, with the sickness behind me, back in it crept with a fury. Friday, I went for a boat ride on the St. Francis River with my parents in their new boat. I hadn't felt 100% all day, but I haven't felt that in a couple of months anyway. It was really windy that day, which means the wind was even crazier at my parents' house because it always is. Let me tell you, puking your guts up in crazy wind is not ideal.
Also, the baby hates fried potatoes, so I'm not quite sure how he/she will handle meals with the Walkers. I've had fried potatoes twice, and twice puked them up. It is disgusting. Definitely the nastiest puke experience ever.
Oh, and the ptyalism is back, too, so I spoke too soon for that. I have a spit container right next to me on the couch. I think it just shows up when I'm throwing up a lot and find it hard to swallow. Then, the spit just sits in my mouth because if I were to swallow it, I would just throw it up. Catch 22.
I have mixed emotions because I feel like I'm experiencing the most wonderful event ever, but I'm also physically feeling (and moreso, looking) like a complete wreck. I was on Pinterest a few minutes ago and came across this girl's pinboard of her pregnancy, and of course she looked like a super model from day one. I do not know how people do it. If I take a shower, it's a good day. If I looked like my heart feels, I would look better than that model girl, but unfortunately, I look the way my body feels, and it's not pretty. I'm excited to tell our baby one day that I love him/her so much that I disregarded my entire appearance for their sake. (Not that I've ever been really huge on tending to my appearance, but it's the thought.)
It's all really kind of funny. Last night, my teenage nephew, Nathan, spent the night, and I'm quite certain I freaked him out a little bit. Maybe my looks combined with the frequent trips to the bathroom were my own little way of promoting teenage abstinence. Not that he would be the puker, per say, but he sure wouldn't want to do deal with some already-crazed teenage girl looking and feeling like his Aunt Kem.
So, I'm heading back to NC this week, and though I'm excited to finally see my husband (after he showers, of course, since he's only taken one shower in three weeks) I'm sad to leave the care of my mother. She has been so helpful that I've become a little spoiled. I fear our house may crumble on top of us.
Anyway, we should find out how far along I truly am soon. I'm glad to know, and I'm excited to find out if we're having a (as Derick would say) b or g. I am excited to really start shopping, and I know that excites Derick as well. Oh! Speaking of shopping, after talking with a few friends and doing some research between puke sessions, I have consulted with Derick and we have decided to give cloth diapers a try. We still have some decisions to make about it, like what brands we want to use and what type of diapers we want to get, but I think it's a good choice for us.
That's pretty much the extent of what's been going on. I'm happy to see some nice, spring weather. Hopefully that will help motivate me to be a little more active. Can you believe the time changes this Sunday? Fun! I really prefer to spring forward.
Have you ever seen The Chew on ABC? It is grossing me out, but I don't know how to work my parents' remote. I'm stuck watching people put mushrooms in everything. Thus, a nightmare.
Everyone have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment