Thursday, March 1, 2012

take my hand....

Our baby likes Bon Jovi. I'm pretty sure of it because on the way to Payneway from Walnut Ridge, I was feeling quite lousy with what I'm convinced was heartburn, set on from Mexican food. "Livin' on a Prayer" came on and I instinctively cranked the vol to eleven. For the duration of the song, the burning in my chest elapsed, and I was feeling good. After the song went off, "Waterfalls" by TLC came on, and I was still feeling relatively healthy until I realized it was the radio version, which omits Lisa Lopez's rap. The baby prefers the rap.
I'm once again feeling pretty puny and just down-right exhausted. I have been feeling better day by day, so I know one of these days, I'm going to wake up with a ton of energy and strength. But lately, by about 4 or 5 o'clock, I'm done for. And that's fine.
Back to music, my heart is set on Bebe Roberts being a musician. Sure, I will give him/her the opportunity to dream big and be whatever they want to be, but I am secretly hoping that they take after their Daddy and have some musical talent. They will for sure be born with good music in their soul. (The night I found out I was pregnant, I attended an Ingram Hill concert). I will absolutely raise them right when it comes to that. But as for Mommy, I'm not much of a singer. I have the heart of a singer, and I'm not too terribly awful, but I am no Derick Roberts. I'm hoping our baby develops those genes. If not, if he/she is a little less star-quality and a little more mediocre like Mommy, never fret! We will continue to rock it out, a little off-key, all around the house!
I'm trying to promote this music thing by singing the best I can to the teeny tiny baby and playing good music so that he/she can hear it (if he/she has developed the ability to hear yet...I really need to crack down on reading "What to Expect," but my sickness wouldn't let me). I'm ready for Derick to be back, though, so that he can do all the singing.
Before anyone gets all spazzy about me trying to predestine my baby to a life of musical mayhem, let me say that I am half kidding with this post. But the really-awesome-mom part of me is not joking and vows to surround our baby with as much good music as love. And that's a lot!

1 comment:

  1. My parents told me the only way they could get me to sleep as a baby was to play Bon Jovi and drive me around in the car. They tried other music and only Bon Jovi worked. Maybe Bon Jovi is a secret baby whisperer haha
    - Sosha

    ReplyDelete