Thursday, May 24, 2012

Arkansas, Arkansas.

I have really been lackadaisical with my posting lately, and I can attribute that to several things. One, I'm in Arkansas with my family, so I've been spending time with them. Two, the weather is NICE. Hott, but nice, and I like to be outside when I can. Three, I finally feel GOOD, so I suppose lack of puke=lack of blog posts. To anyone in early pregnancy who feels like the sickness will never subside, seriously, listen to others when they sound crazy and tell you that you WILL feel better. You will. Unless you are one of those unlucky people who are miserably sick for nine months. Then, you will not.
Derick has been in California since the beginning of the month, and he will be there a little while longer, so he will have tons of surprises when he returns, including lots of fancy new stuff for Reeve and a fancy new belly on his ever-growing wife. 
Paris has been acting weird as ever, following me around. She's not really a Mama's girl because I tend to drive her crazy by picking her up all the time and pestering her when she's trying to sleep. But lately, she's been clinging to me, and I think it's her tiny dog way of letting me know she knows something's up and letting others know that she will bite them if they mess with Brother. I'm also convinced she has an idea of who "Brother" is. Laugh all you want, but if I say anything about "Brother's stuff," she immediately high-tails it to the corner of the room where I keep all his baby things. Paris is a genius.
You will all be glad to know that I got some Blue Coast Burrito, thanks to my friend, Dana. She took me out for a long-overdue birthday lunch, and it was delicious. The green salsa was a tiny bit spicier than usual, and I had to make a special request for them to run to the back and fill my cup with fruit tea, but other than that, it was all the same! Thank you, Dana!
Now, I need to hit up Tropical Smoothie and Lazarri and possibly Salsa's, although Mexican food is different now for me. Reeve isn't a big meat eater, much to his father's disapproval. I've never been too keen on meat anyway. I'd much rather have fruits, veggies, or carbs! But Derick is adamant about not having a vegetarian for a son, so he tries to force me to eat meat. Literally, he ties me to the chair and makes me eat hamburgers. 
J/k for any of you fuddy-duds.
Derick and I are both pretty set on not telling Reeve that any food is "gross" or "yucky." We are going to let him decide for himself, and he will eat what we (I) cook. I know a lot of people will say, "no, you will make him special meals," but I've been reading up on babies and their foods, and there actually are ways to avoid having a super picky child. Of course, he will get "special meals," but he's not getting only mashed potatoes every night because that is all he eats. It may be a struggle at first, but I'm confident we will be able to teach him that a variety of food is a good thing and important.
Since Derick is a super picky eater, I've feared that this might be an issue, but luckily I have a husband who sees the importance of liking a wide variety of foods. Derick's been dragged to one too many Japanese restaurants in the past seven years.
I can't put all the blame on Derick because although in my nonpregnant state, I am able to devour pretty much anything, I am sometimes too easily satisfied. I could eat a bowl of rice for supper or a big plate of broccoli or some cereal. I need to start being more food-conscious. It's just been the two of us for so long that we do what's easy, not necessarily what gives us the most nutrients. Haha, enough talk about nutrition and healthy eating. I'm just grateful I'm not living on ice anymore!
Anyway, I'm having a good time in Arkansas. Mom taught me how to use a prefold cloth diaper on a baby doll this morning. You can check out the pics on FB. I only stabbed myself with the diaper pin once, and I only plopped the baby down with too much force once, so I'd say I'm off to a good start. I'm definitely going to order some Snappis to use on the diapers. I'll probably use pins too because they are handy and inexpensive and I just like the idea of old-fashioned pins, but Snappis will be nice, too! 
I'm also having fun slowly getting stuff for Reeve's nursery. We were given cute things at the shower, and I've been making a lot of stuff. We are moving into a house on base in July, and I am so ready to get his little room put together! 
Moving in the heat while pregnant is going to be an issue. I'm trying my hardest not to stress about it right now because it's not even here, but there is so much that is involved in getting out of our current place and into our new one, and I just want to make sure all my Ts are crossed. Moving is stressful enough, and Derick hates it, so I can imagine how it's going to be with my helpless fat self lingering around. I'm going to just try to make it the best experience it possibly can be and just remember to be grateful for our new place and the luxuries that come with living on base. 
Well, that is pretty much what is going on in my life. I miss my husband and his cute face, but I'm doing well, and I'm not even going to complain because Derick in California is a heck of a lot easier than the separations some of my friends are experiencing. My friends are doing well, too, of course. We're Marine wives, though, and we aren't weenies. 
Speaking of weenies, kraut and weenies sound goooooooood......

2 comments: