Wednesday, May 2, 2012

reeve roberts

So this will be a short post, hopefully, because seriously guys, I have to clean!!
As we've already announced, we are going to have a SON! Reeve is, in fact, a boy and we are so excited about his cute little face and self! I think he has been a combination of extremely sweet and sneaky since day one. His presence in my belly has made me the happiest and pukiest girl alive, but I am more than grateful and humbled to be his mom. It hasn't been the easiest for Derick to deal with me, either, but I know he feels the same about his little boy. The reality of "son" and "little boy" and "parents" is very weird. It feels so wonderful.
Parisann is excited about brother, and she has been showing it in some very Parisann ways. Yesterday, I went into the spare room to get something. We keep all of Reeve's stuff in a pile in there as it accumulates. Well, Paris followed me in, and when I was leaving I told her to come with. She looked at me and took off running with her tail between her legs. She squeeeeeeezed in between his bassinet and car seat and on top of his giant stuffed asparagus that his cousin, Krista, bought him. She tried to disguise herself amongst all the green stuff and was quite ticked when I picked her up and made her leave the room. Last night, Derick and I were sitting on the couch and Kelsey was in the chair in the living room. (Kelsey is living here for a few weeks before she heads off to Oregon, which I'm mad about). Well, Paris started barking at us for no reason and we tried to play with her. She grabbed a small black ponytail holder and started throwing it up in the air. She's done this from time to time and I will throw it for her, but she eventually gets bored and leaves it alone. This time, she just stared straight at Kelsey with the ponytail holder in her mouth and in one motion, she swallowed it whole. I've been praying that she doesn't have any issues, and I'm keeping a careful watch on her behavior. Derick says she's probably eaten far worse, and during a lost car keys episode early this morning, I was almost convinced he was right. I was beginning to think that she either ate the set of keys or buried them outside, which is not something she would do, but who knows with the way she's been acting. She does love her brother, just in her own little way:) Oh yeah, the missing keys pointed back to me.
Yesterday, Kelsey, Chase and I went to fabric stores in Wilmington, and I bought some cute fabric for a nursing cover and some flannel for diaper inserts. I'm going to order/register for inserts, but I thought it would be handy to just make some ourselves and see how they turn out! The flannel was on sale so I got a great deal, and I picked out some cute patterns. One has little black paw prints and the other is brown with sports stuff. Sure, no one is going to see the inserts because they will be hugging his tiny rump, but he can feel ever-fashionable from head-to-toe. I have learned in the past couple of days to be very particular about the designs I choose. Even if they are all blue, Derick could possibly deem it "girly," thus making it a no-go. There were some cloth diapers on sale the night before we found out Reeve was Reeve. They were so cute and animal print. I begged Derick let me order just one, and I even tried later convincing him that Reeve could so pull off a leopard-print diaper, combined with a safari hat and shirt. Like a miniature Steve Irwin, RIP. Derick just gave me a look.
Ok, I'm going to clean now! Afterwards, I may ride my bike because it is a beautiful day in NC. Oh yeah, we installed a pool on Monday. It is so fancy and filled with 1/3 air from my lungs, 2/3 from Kelsey's. How's that for impressive use of fractions!?

No comments:

Post a Comment