Friday, June 29, 2012

Service Review

Two posts in two days! Can you believe it? Well, today I'm not going to blog about pregnancy or the Marines or food or anything like that, so maybe you will welcome a new subject. I normally don't write service reviews. Actually, I'm pretty sure the only one I've ever written was to brag about Paris's old vet back in Arkansas (Jonesboro Family Pet Hospital--the best!) I don't write reviews mainly because I usually have nothing nice to say. I feel like "professional" businesses these days are a complete let down. In the past year or two, I have dealt with so many rude, unprofessional, incompetent businesses that I've come close to losing hope in humanity. For real. I'm not sure what it is about companies, but so many of them just seem like they are out to get you. They feel entitled and often forget that they are dependent upon the consumer. Now, I didn't study business, but I don't think it takes a business degree to know how to talk to people and carry through with what you say. I've just had so many bad experiences with numerous companies that I try my hardest to do things myself. I'm really easy to please. I don't expect much; just do your job for a fair price and in a logical amount of time, and I will be more than pleased. 
Today, I'd like to do what I rarely do and write a service review about a company, Emerald Coast Chem Dry, who came to clean our carpets for our move-out inspection. Whenever I make arrangements with companies, like carpet cleaners, over the phone, I always get really nervous. It's just difficult for me to just take people at their word, and if they, for instance, quote a price on the phone, how do I know they won't retract it later or throw in a bunch of extra expenses. So you can really be at someone's mercy when you make arrangements like that. Anyway, I got a call yesterday from Emerald Coast Chem Dry, and the polite man told me that his machine was being repaired. He asked if he could come a little later in the day (today). I said sure. Luckily, I wasn't doing anything. Today, he called an hour before the time he'd given me and asked if he could come a little early. Absolutely! When he got here (I don't know his name), he was super nice and professional. He was sure to explain to me what Chem Dry actually is and how it differs from regular steam cleaning. I am clueless about stuff like that anyway, but I appreciated him taking the time (but not ALL DAY) to tell me what he was doing. He was very fast and very thorough. He even set up little plastic "bumpers" on the edges of our furniture (and giant bed in the middle of the living room) to protect our stuff. Afterward, he got on his hands and knees and cleaned the hardwood where the hoses were. The entire process took less than 45 minutes, but the carpets look BRAND NEW. 110 times better than when we first moved in. Our carpets will be dry in less than an hour, which is kinda cool, compared to steam cleaning, which requires carpets to dry for several hours and a lot of times overnight. He told me that if our inspection person isn't pleased with the carpets, to have him/her call ECCD, and they will take care of the issue. I wish I would have taken before and after photos. Actually, three photos: when we moved in, when we were moving out before they were chem dried, and after the chem dry. It's unbelievable. Our three bedrooms cost $75, which is exactly what I was quoted in the beginning. The guy who came even double checked with me to see what I was quoted. He said he wanted to look at our carpets and make sure we were quoted fairly. When I called around to get quotes a couple of weeks ago, one representative from a company actually said, "Uhhh...that will be at least $125." She couldn't give me a firm price and the "price" she gave me was ridiculous!
I know a lot of people will be moving and PCSing around here, so I thought it may be helpful to blog about a company that doesn't profit by screwing over military families. I am so glad nice, professional businesses still exist. The guy even let Paris get up in his face while I was writing a check and being a negligent dog-parent.
By the way, Chem Dry is a nation-wide company, so if you need carpets cleaned, check with them. Hopefully, you will have a great experience, too:) 
Btw, all their chemicals are green. He said you can drink them and be fine, although they taste disgusting. 

1 comment:

  1. Good to know! Though I am a firm believer in only having hard flooring ;)

    ReplyDelete