Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Clean Clothes

We've been living in this lovely house for over a week now, and I haven't mentioned it because I don't like to seem like a complainer--although Derick would object to that statement--but we have yet to use our new washing machine because the water spout that hooks up to the washer hose leaks water.
How's that for a sentence? Mr. Gibbens, Dr. Harthorne, do y'all read my blog?? If so, did I do okay up there?
Anyway, we have three massive piles of yucko laundry, including several seawater-tainted items, that needed to be washed a week ago. We put in a request last week and, finally, after calling and getting a little bit Arkansas with them (I was still polite, promise), our "handyman neighbor or whatever," as the property manager called him, should be here at noon.
I'm not upset. It's actually a little humorous, and our property manager has been really kind and helpful, and I would recommend their company to anyone relocating to the area. I'm just really excited to meet this handyman neighbor or whatever. I'm sure he will do an excellent job! I don't think I've ever been more happy to do the laundry!

I am about to begin some at-home decor projects, and if I can figure out how, I will post pics on this blog, along with a how-to guide. I figure, if I'm going to be at home all day, I might as well do something fun and potentially interesting or helpful for others.
I also have a few recipes that I plan to share. I never really cooked before we moved to Virginia, and since I didn't have a job, it was much easier to plan a meal and experiment with recipes. In that time, I've created and discovered a few favorites. Derick is a way picky eater, so a lot of my recipes are simple and perfect for people who like their food a delicious "bland." But I also have a few dishes with pizazz that even Derick likes, as well as some that he would never agree to but that I enjoy. So, once I can remember how to upload photos from an actual camera, rather than a phone, I will take some food and decor pics and share!

Things are still going well here in NC! It's hot and sunny and feels a lot like Arkansas without the crazy humidity. Derick is still going to the base every morning and making it home by noon. They have him running little errands here and there.
This is a short one, but I keep typing things and deleting them because they seem menial, so I will just end it here! No sense in talking nonsense, right? Hey, that's a pretty good line. Feel free to borrow it!

No comments:

Post a Comment