Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"She Doesn't Get It"

So, Derick is in the tub and when he gets out I have to hand over the computer so he can do some grown up stuff, i.e. homework. Therefore, this post will be super fast. I feel like I've been neglecting my--what is it? 74--fans out there by not updating as regularly. As you all know, I've made a good friend, so now my days are pretty booked doing normal things, rather than just sitting in my house for hours on end.

Here's a very brief update, though.
I've been watching "Life Unexpected" on Netflix, and it's pretty good.
We gave Paris a haircut this weekend, and it looks really nice, except that Derick got annoyed so we weren't quite able to take care of her legs, belly, and booty. This causes her to look much too similar to a Billy Ray Cyrus dog.
2012 Presidential election stuff is well underway, so prepare for bombardment of my opinions! I LOVE election time!
Today is my father-in-law's birthday! Happy birthday, Kev!:-)
I ate an entire jar of pickles in two settings. That's a personal record.

Since this is supposed to be a military wife blog, I guess I better add some military stuff.
Derick is now a certified grey belt in the MCMAP program. So don't mess with me because he will leg sweep you.
His school is going well. He's making good grades, and I think he is really going to like logistics. He's ready to actually find out what unit he's in, and I'm ready for that, too.
Today, Kelsey and I went to the library on base, and they had practically every Debbie Macomber book available. My mom would be in paradise!
I cooked one of Derick's fave meals tonight, Mexican chicken. He always begs for it, and it's easy to do, I just rarely have all the ingredients at one time. So he was the one in paradise tonight. That really has nothing to do with being a military wife other than the fact that Derick is a Marine, and Marines like food. Rah!

Derick is taking a really long bath. Maybe he's just being sweet and sitting in cold water so that I can make a really nice post. This post has been rather dull, though, and I promise a more festive one very soon!

I've really started to appreciate short, one-liners, so here's a good one for you to ponder, followed by a fun song to make you happy as we say farewell to summer vacation. (Smile, as you remember that everyday of the year is my summer vacation, due to lack of employment).

"Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."






No comments:

Post a Comment